Provided below is information and links regarding benefits and services potenitally available to you. We strongly recommend, if you are considering requesting services or submitting an application to the VA, that you contact your County Veterans Service Office. Their Service Officers specialize in assisting veterans and their family members with claims, applications, and appeals to the VA.
Please visit our County Veterans Service Offices web page to obtain your County Veterans Service Office\'s contact information.
Veterans License Plates
Disabled Veterans License Plate
Veterans meeting the requirements may apply through the Division of Motor Vehicles for one free Disabled Veteran Plate. There are different license plates available based on branch of service and awards.
To apply you will need to submit:
- a completed application Military License Plate Application.
- a DD214 demonstrating honorable discharge.
- an eligibility letter stating: 1) the veteran has a 50% or greater disability and 2) the disability is service connected and 3) the disability is permanent. The Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs can assist veterans with this letter. Please contact your County Veterans Service Officer.
- the registration of the vehicle if currently registered or a title receipt or title completion notice from the County.
- proof of Emissions (if required).
- proof of Insurance.
Please contact your local county motor vehicle office to apply.
Travel & Transportation
If you have a qualifying Military ID, the RTD system to include the light rail is no charge to you. Contact RTD for more information.
YMCA Military Getaway Package
$174 plus tax for 2 nights in any lodge room, up to 4 people per room, meals included (dinner on day of arrival through lunch on day of departure).
- Must be active duty or in reserves
- Must be able to provide proof of active duty at time of check-in
- Book by phone today by calling 888.613.9622
*Package based on availability. For Individual reservation only (no groups). Additional nights will be full price for lodging and meals. Additional persons: $40/child (6-12 years) or $60/adult (13+ years). 1 room per reservation/name.